In a recent webinar for over 75 HUBZone Chamber of Commerce members, Neil McDonnell lead a discussion about how small business owners can –
1. Why isn't my business winning more federal contracts?
2. Where can I register my business besides SAM.gov?
3. Who sells and buys what I sell?
4. How can I find subcontracting opportunities?
5. How can I build new relationships with industry and federal folks?
6. How can I get federal contracting officers contact me?
7. How can I make the federal buyer’s short-list?
8. How can I stand apart from my competitors?
9. How can I get my Capabilities Statement forwarded to the actual buyer?
10. How can I get selected by teaming partners?
NOTE: The formal webinar presentation starts approximately 9 minutes in. We encourage you to watch the full video from the beginning as Neil offers candid observations and ideas for early arrivals to the live webinar.
Follow Neil's TEN TIP ACTIONS ITEMS
1. Analyze your DSBS profile for errors or omissions (10 minute process)
2. Complete the Chamber's FREE “DSBS | Your Keys to Success” online course (6 - 10 hour process)
3. Update your company information in System for Awards Management (30 minute process)
4. Update your company information in Dynamic Small Business Search (30 minutes)
5. Ensure your FedBizOps profile has accurate information (5 minute process)
6. Register with the specific federal agencies that you want as customers (30 minute process)
7. Consult with your local Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) to determine if your company is ready for government contracting and the unique challenges, maturity and resources required to succeed (2-3 hour process)
8. Visit FPDS-Federal Procurement Data System to research who buys and sells what you sell (1 hour process)
9. Listen to the “Small Business Success Tips” podcast (10+ hour series)
10. Watch the “Meet the Experts” panel series featuring US Army, US Air Force, US Department of Energy, US Department of Interior and PTAC experts (10+ hour video series)
“Government Contracting is NOT a Secret...
its just a Process.” – Neil McDonnell
Neil is a motivational speaker, trainer and vocal advocate for the potential of American small businesses. His passion is drawn from personal experience in the US Army, from contracting and subcontracting for decades with numerous government agencies, and from the many successful and failed companies he has founded since his youth. Neil is the youngest of ten children, a training ground for competition, determination, optimism and tenacity.
Neil is currently a HUBZone and Veteran-owned small business owner in the federal sector. He is also sponsor & president of the HUBZone Chamber of Commerce and leader of the Small Business Success Club.